1. What is your name and where are you from…?
– Markku Koski, originally from Sievi, flatlands of western Finland but now live in Helsinki.
2. Where did your interest in Snowboarding start/ how did your adventure with snowboarding start…?
– I started snowboarding in my local resort in Sievi after my brothers in 1992. Got hooked right away and there was some guys already back then doing contests and they said I should go to a one and thats how it all started.
3. Who is your sponsor at present/ who is sponsoring you at present…?
– Vimana Snowboards (boards, boots, bindings)
4. What are you doing in your day life outside of snowboarding, what is your job…?
– Im still just snowboarding mostly but lately been filming a bit too for my friends ice-hockey tv-program. Thats been fun too and totally different from snowboarding.
5. Who is your snowboarding mentor…?
– I dont really have one. Its who ever I ride with that has good style or does a sick trick.
6. Your favourite trick…?
– McTwist in a pipe or qp.
7. Your favourite spot to snowboard and why…?
– I would probably have to say Japan for the powder. Will have chance to go back this year to Hokkaido to enjoy some of that but also I love to ride park too in Colorado, Breck and Keystone parks are always on point.
8. Vimana is coming to Polish market this year. Can you tell your readers about project behind this brand and about they products.
– Vimana is a scandinavian snowboard company that mostly does freestyle boards and our philosophy has been to simplify everything and take it back to the roots a bit where snowboarding started. Its all high quality, clean and simple design but still affordable. Ive been really loving the stuff and we tested the product for 2 years before coming to the market to make it exactly how we wanted it.
VIMANA BandCamp 2015 from Godt Parti on Vimeo.
9. What are your plans for this coming season…?
– My plan is to ride way more powder that the seasons before, will be in Japan for a month and Europe too. Hopefully film as much as possible and come out with edits along the way. We have also planned some team trips with Vimana adding to the latest ones last summer in Norway and this fall in Nerherlands.
10. What would you say to encourage people to take up snowboarding.
– Just go for it. If you love to do something you gotta give it your all. When I started snowboarding, I didnt think I was starting a career. Im also never gonna stop riding or end my „career”. I simply do it because its something that I love, doesnt matter if Im good at it or not.
11. Do you know anything about Poland ? If yes, what is the first thing that comes to mind.
– Yes, Ive been to Poland once for a Burn big air contest. It was really fun! We rode the mtountain and even got some powder, I was amazed how good it was, way better than in Finland (well maybe the parks are better in Finland 🙂 Everything was pretty og there and the people are funny!
Markku Koski – Burn in Snow '13 from Wojciech Nieżychowski on Vimeo.