As we mention last night today is internet premiere or latest Movie ENDER. To celebrate and shred for live has interview with Eero him self.
1. What is your name and where are you from.
My name is Eero Anselm Ettala and I live in Helsinki, Finland.
2. Where did your interest in Snowboarding start/ how did your adventure with snowboarding start…?
I had one friend in school, that had a snowboard and he let me try it once at my local sledding hill. I fell in love with the feeling and made my parents to buy me my own board.
3. just to confirm. Who is your sponsor now and how does work with them going…?
My sponsors are Oakley, Red Bull, Nitro, DVS, Planet-Sports, Skullcandy and Black Eye. Things are going great with my sponsors, they seemed to be really hyped on what I do for them and I really appreciate everything they have done and still do for me.
4. What are you doing in your day life outside of snowboarding, what is your job…?
Snowboarding is my job and has been for the past 15 years. On my spare time I just skate and do all other kinds of activities. I´m living the good life for sure, hah.
5. Who is your snowboarding mentor…?
All my friends that I ride with, cause they always push me to ride better.
6. Your favourite trick…?
I really like to do bs 180´s on the jumps and frontside boardslides on handrails.
7. Your favourite spot to snowboard and why…?
Japan is the most fun. Just riding powder for fun and enjoying the country and the culture.
8. Most interesting competition you took part in so fare…?
Red Bull rail storm. It was a rail contest downtown of London and it was freaking amazing. Good atmosphere, loads of people watching, good setup, good parties.
9. Who is you favourite to shred on board…?
Heikki Sorsa is one of my all time favorites and he also happens to be one of my best friends.
10. You maid load off video parts, tv series tracking Eero and series of web posts CWG. What is special about the year ENDER how is it different from work you done so fare…?
Ender is a full length movie, telling the story of my professional snowboarding career and I have also filmed the last video part of my career for this project. It is a really honest story of all the ups and downs that i have faced during my career.
11. What are your plans for this coming season…?
I will be dong some special projects with Red Bull and Nitro, but cant tell too much more about it.
12. What would you say to encourage people to take up snowboarding…?
Snowboarding is a great way to make new friends and enjoy outdoors. It is a sport you can take to a direction you want yourself. There is no one telling you how to snowboard and I think that is the best part.
13. Do you know anything about Poland? If yes, what is the first thing that comes to mind…?
All i know that there are really good handrails in Poland, so hopefully i can make it there one day!
Ender – The Eero Ettala Documentary Trailer from PABLO FILMS on Vimeo.