1. What is your name and where are you from.
Michi Schatz (DONIBK) from INNSBRUCK
2. Where did your interest in Snowboarding start/ how did your adventure with snowboarding start
It’s a long story but i make it shorter. I think i was 7-8 years old an i got a snowboard from my grandfather to christmas, so a day after Christmas my grandfather and i starting testing snowboarding at Rinn it’s a hill 10 minutes away from Innsbruck,
and I found a new sport that i like more then fucking skiing …… and know we build at the same place, since 2008 with the SANE! Homeboys our Jib Park there… … and it still running …. Best Jib Park Around Tyrol…………. SANERINNJIBPARK…
3. Who is your sponsor at present…?
Völkl Snowboards, Horsefeathers Clotings, Sp Binding, Deeluxe Boots, Stance Socks, Celtek, Xdouble Skate and Snowboardshop, Smith, Danke Donuts, SANE!
4. What are you doing in your day life outside of snowboarding, what is your job…?
I work in our family company, so I have a lot of to do…..
we are selling scales, cutter machine, and we are the calibration company for scales in Tyrol…..
5. Who is your snowboarding mentor…?
Maybe you remember Frostet Flakes or Montreal the movie… Max Legend, is the BOSS..
6. Your favourite trick…?
Rail – Bs180 SW Nosepress , Kicker- Fs360 indy
7. Your favourite spot to snowboard and why…?
SANE RINN JIB PARK (Kinderland Rinn ) 10 minuts from Innsbruck Away Night shred every friday.
8. Lately more and more snowboarders is concentrating on competitions or recording clips. How does that look with yourself?
For my side I Like the incity Rail jams , in Europe there is a bunch of that..
you meet all the homies there and we have a good time to hang out together
and the best Contest is for sure Frontline Rail Jam…..
Video clips are the new mag Shots!
9. What are your plans for this coming season…?
For sure I will film a New Video part with my homies of SANE!
but before we start to film, here are some Rail jam……. Frontline is the Next stop ….7.november (watch the live stream)
10. What would you say to encourage people to take up snowboarding…?
When you have time, Go snowboarding everyday… Spread the good vibes to the nature blessed everyday. 420hightimeeveryday
11. Do you know anything about Poland? If yes, what is the first thing that comes to mind
GOOD STREET SPOTS, Party all the time, super hot girls!
Photo: David Malacrida, Patrick Steiner, Florian Trattner
Film: Hambalko Balint // Daniel Diedrich // Flo Achenrainer // Patrick Wegerer
Edit: Markus Klaes