My name is Ryan Paul and I’m from cottage grove Minnesota.. in the USA
2. Where did your interest in Snowboarding start/ howdid your adventure with snowboarding start
I got into skateboarding when a kid at the bus stop brought his board to school one day. Then that winter he got me into snowboarding. He had a Riva board and we took turns kicking out boots into it, sliding down this hill in his backyard and trying to fly off a jump we built! It was fun times; a lot of wipeouts!
3. Who is your sponsor at present/ who is sponsoring you at present
Right now Sessions and The House are sponsoring me. I’m also getting help from Zion Snowboards, Coal Headwear, Dang Shades, Celtek Gloves, Bent Metal Binding Works, and Wend WaxWorks. And I wear Zany Earth Stuff too!
4 Tell us about zanyearth.
It started out as a blog about anything zany on the planet and then I slowly made some runs of clothes. It’s still pretty small. Friends are backing it tho and it’s fun to make new designs and gear when I can! Zany is a platform to get out and be creative and I get stoked on it!
5. Tell us a little bit about new sponsor Bent Metal Binding.
I started riding the bindings at the Holy Bowly this year. They kicked ass and Burtner asked me if I wanted to ride for them! Hell yeah, no brainer, but thanks Brain!
6. What are you doing in your day life outside of snowboarding, what is your Job
Ha, ummm, it might sound lazy but I don’t have a job right now. I made this goal last year to stop punching time clocks and so far it has almost been a year since I’ve had a job where I had to clock in. I’ve lived off contest winnings, sponsor support, parents, odd jobs, friends. Just trying to snowboard more right now and do the things I like doing. Having a job isn’t really one of those things
7. Who is your snowboarding mentor
Hmmmmm, probably Lucey.
8. Your favourite trick…?
I like to frontflip. I just like the way it springs! Right off the nose of your board! Just like „boing!” And then you flip. I’ve been learning frontside 360 frontflips, those are fun too!
9. Your favourite spot to snowboard and why…?
Afton Alps is cool! There are always fun local kids there and lots of nostalgia. The park is rad too! Otherwise I would have to just say anywhere with lots of snow and friends.
11. What are your plans for this coming season…?
I’m planning on going fast! Also planning on keeping the tricks secret but I have some ideas. Film again and have fun as usual 🙂
12. Lately more and more snowboarders is concentratingon competitions or recording clips. How does that lookwith yourself?
I try to keep a healthy balance of both.
13. What would you say to encourage people to take upsnowboarding
I’d say get after it, it’ll change your life.
14. Do you know anything about Poland? If yes, what isthe first thing that comes to mind
First thing that comes to mind is Polish sausage 🙂